Continuous Improvement Leader
The CI Engineer coordinates and leads a wide range of complex LEAN and Continuous Improvement activities that are designed to remove waste and improve safety, quality, and on-time delivery. Achieving success will require forming and leading cross-functional teams in a variety of unique specialty metals processes. Relentless energy and perseverance will be necessary to influence change and contribute towards improving manufacturing efficiencies. Specifically, the Continuous Improvement Engineer will:
- Gather, analyze, and improve industrial process information to enable data-driven decision making.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to identify and assist in solving difficult problems with effective solutions; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Manage a portfolio of lean projects directed at reducing waste and improving quality to provide greater value to the customer.
- Capture and communicate results as appropriate for varying audiences.
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Be a "leader of change". Must be able to question the status quo.
- Facilitate, teach and coach cross-functional teams to accomplish Lean objectives.
- Facilitate Kaizen events throughout all levels of the organization.
- Implement and support auditing of operations and processes for adherence to standards.
- Promote culture change, employee engagement, and empowerment in the workforce.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a technical field
- A proven track record in leading high performance teams and attaining results; quantify results
- Proficient computer skill including MS Office, Project Management and Data Collection
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, or Materials)
- A minimum of three years of experience in manufacturing
- Green Belt Certification or equivalent