Facilities Engineer - Manufacturing
Large industry leading manufacturer is seeking to add a Manufacturing Facility Engineer to their growing team! The Facility Engineer will provide efficient solutions to the development of processes and product design. Design work will range from small components to machinery fabrication, product design and tooling, to building related services including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems. Responsibilities will also include management of resources, development and use of new materials and technologies, design and implementation of capital projects, and constant support for all safety initiatives.
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Designs mechanical and electromechanical products and systems based on testing specifications and methods.
- Confirms system and product capabilities prior to implementation of equipment by designing feasibility and testing methods.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical equipment by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and request for help.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with all Federal, State, and Local Regulations.
- Assist maintenance with complex equipment repairs; coordinates specialized repair services; establishes procedures based on manufacturer’s instructions.
- Maintains system, facility, equipment, tooling, and product data bases by writing computer programs / drawings.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing results, completing projects and training technicians.
- Design and implement cost-effective equipment modifications required to improve safety, reliability and throughput.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum three years’ experience in the engineering/maintenance function.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office (Word, Project, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Process and project management skills.
- Able to distinguish colors and have correctable eyesight and hearing.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. and stand, walk, kneel, etc. throughout the work shift.
- Safety-minded with constant attention to safe practices.