Field Service Technician - Overhead Cranes
Electrical Field Service Technician (Crane)
We are a stable and growing crane manufacturing and service company and we are seeking an experienced Industrial Electrical Technician to join our team! This is a home based position only reporting a couple times a month to the service office, so candidate can be located anywhere in the Eastern PA or Baltimore area. This is a Field Service Technician position covering PA, MD, and NY and will only have 25%-35% overnight travel. Crane Maintenance experience is preferred, but we are willing to train experienced and motivated industrial electrical technicians on crane maintenance!
- Troubleshoot and Repair broken down bridge cranes, gantry cranes, jib cranes, etc,
- Review drawings, order material, plan layout and wire cranes with lights, footwalks, flux vector and cabs
- Convert old cranes with 480 volt rope & drum controls to pb or radio
- Go to manufacturing sites, evaluate needs, quote customer, create P.O. and install equipment
- Troubleshoot programs and controls
- Install various inverters and radio units in cranes
- Ability to be lead inspector, when two or more techs are on an inspection job, coordinate the work, paperwork, review reports, review with customer and service manager.
- Ability to interact with Plant Managers, Company Owners and Maintenance Managers in a professional manner
- Associates degree in Electrical Technology or Electrical Certificate, preferred
- 2+ years experience servicing overhead cranes, preferred. Or 2+ years industrial electrical maintenance experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of 3-phase motor controls, required
- Clean driving record, required