Forging and Die Design Engineer
Well established and rapidly growing Steel Forging company is seeking a Forging and Die Design Engineer to join its team! This position is open due to a promotion. We are growing and like to promote from within!
The Forging and Design Engineer is responsible for project management, quoting, die design, development, qualification, manufacturing engineering and transition of new products to manufacturing. The Forging Engineer will closely interact with Business Development, Sales and Manufacturing activities. Member of the technical team, reporting to the Engineering Manager.
- Responsible for a variety of engineering activities including: forging and die design, quotations and a variety of continuous improvement projects that reduce cost and improves plant velocity.
- Oversees a robust project management process and delivery timelines to keep projects on schedule and on budget.
- Confer with management, production, and sales to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals.
- BS Degree in Engineering.
- 2+ years’ experience in the manufacture of Forgings, preferred. Stamping, Extrusion or Casting will be considered.
- Strong background in heat treatment, machining, working with customers, managing projects, LEAN, Six Sigma, ISO and process flow improvement.
- Technical skill include: Die Design, ProE (preferred), Deform, Six Sigma, Basics of Heat Treating and Mechanical Testing, Microsoft DAX.
- Leadership ability, customer centered, shows initiative, risk taker, confident, gets along well with others.