Responsible for determining the operations required for fabrication and assembly of products by reviewing parts drawings, specifications and other engineering data. Plan, schedule, conduct and co-ordinate phases of major engineering projects. Develop sequence of operations, estimate time requirements for each and prepare operations sheets. Act as an internal consultant providing technical guidance on most complex projects.
- Work with production planning to set shop priorities and ensure all required tools and documentation required in the plant for production run jobs are available.
- Participate in productivity improvement investigations
- Available to work on alternate shifts as needed
- Prepare quotations for new jobs, including material and processing costs if required
- Modify the processes when required and update all relevant documentation
- Graduate of mechanical and/or industrial engineering from a recognized university or equivalent education and work experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years' experience, preferably in a high volume environment
- Experience and knowledge in tooling and fixture design and development, process and product development, and automation design and development
- Have above average computer skills including all Windows applications and Design software including AutoCAD, Solid Works and Microsoft Project
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and 5S preferred
- Must have superior communication skills and above average analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to learn new specifications and procedures through on-the-job training and experience
- Must have a positive attitude towards new concepts and be quality and cost conscious
- Must have gear/spline manufacturing engineering experience including in-depth knowledge of programming, tooling and process set-up & troubleshooting