Metallurgist/ Forge Engineer
Located in the Bethlehem, Pennsylvania area, this company creates large open die forged and rolled steel products for military, energy, mining, marine and oil and gas industries.
They have an extensive machine shop has the capability to produce parts up to 138 inches in diameter and 75 feet in length. State-of-the-art boring methods provide capabilities up to 10 inches in bore diameter and 25 feet in length.
They have state of the art heat treatment facilities that can treat hollow, bored and solid pieces and quench in a variety of media.
This company breeds success, and the individuals within it are the best in nation, with a passion, enthusiasm and technical skill set that are unmatched. Be part of the excitement, it's time to grow you career.
- Review and analyze customer material specifications.
- Serve on inquiry and order review teams.
- Develop material specifications for forgings that will be part of purchase orders.
- Develop internal and supplier work instructions and procedures to fulfill customer requirements.
- Provide technical support for Sales and Operations.
- Conduct product and process development in support of production.
- Investigate customer claims and provide oral/written summation of findings.
- Analyze and determine causality of internal non-conformances and mechanical test failures.
- Execute, analyze, and oversee mechanical and metallurgical testing activities.
- Conduct failure analysis on mill components and production parts.
- Four-year degree in Metallurgy, Metallurgical Engineering, or Material Science & Engineering (or a commensurate level of related experience)
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills
- Motivated and self-directed team player
- MUST BE US CITIZEN!
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Five years’ experience in ferrous metallurgy (Heavy metal section experience preferred)