Product Engineer III
Large industry leading manufacturer is seeking to add a Product Engineer to their growing team! The Product Engineer leads product design and improvement initiatives; creates detailed assemblies utilizing 3D modeling software; develops and maintains all product drawings, specifications, and support information; manages company-wide product documentation and product certification testing; serves as Product Engineering representative for cross-functional project planning exercises.
- Leads design activities with new product development initiatives, improvements to existing product lines, and competitor product analysis.
- Creates component and assembly drawings. Uses design software to create detailed drawings, product parts and assemblies to established document standards.
- Creates product support documents, sales illustrations, Bills of Material, and installation instructions. Develops supporting technical product information such as formulas, test data, and general information.
- Provides technical product support, answer questions, provide drawings, and perform investigations for customers, sales, service, QA and others as needed.
- Manages product documentation and documentation systems. Maintains accuracy and currency of all technical product information through standard process for document approval and control. Maintains product design and product information support.
- Ensures maintenance of all required product certifications as assigned. Orders and schedules product testing. Orders test units and supervises testing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or related field.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience and/or training in product development, engineering, Quality Assurance, or other technical function working with product and/or manufacturing specifications.
- Knowledge of design and fabrication processes.
- Ability to present technical information to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to manage engineering documentation systems across several departments.
- Skilled in AutoCAD, MS Word, Inventor, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.