Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer (Corporate)
Large and growing Automotive Components Manufacturer is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer at their Corporate office in St. Louis, MO. The Supplier Quality Engineer provides expertise in the strategic development of supplier management programs. Oversees supplier audits and ensures compliance with regulatory standards. Collaborates with other engineers in quality, product engineering and process improvements. As part of the Supply Chain Management team, participates in the attainment of department and company goals and demonstrates company's core operating values through work activities, actions and behaviors.
- Leads the development and implementation of supplier management programs. Coordinates supplier, selection, development and performance reporting activities.
- Collects and evaluates supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain.
- Reviews supplier manufacturing processes and collaborates on process improvement and corrective action plans to address process failures.
- Obtains and maintains supplier performance metrics.
- Works with Engineering, Quality Control, Purchasing and Supply Chain team to identify purchased part or product quality issues and works towards resolution.
- Leads solving and root cause analysis activities with Engineering and suppliers to eliminate recurrences of technical, quality and process issues.
- Communicates to suppliers on corrective action process and quality tools and techniques.
- Oversee Supplier development and qualification process.
- Leads supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the capability of consistently meeting Spartan requirements.
- Establishes short and long-term supplier quality goals.
- Handles supplier audit activities to drive process standardization, waste elimination, continuous improvement, and to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Conducts capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications. Recommends suppliers for qualification/disqualification based upon supplier qualifications, quality and service performance.
- Develops strong working relationships with supplier base ensuring ongoing communication and supplier development.
- Ensures supplier management programs are in conformance with Quality Management System requirements.
- Participates in lean initiatives and incorporates lean and continuous improvement concepts in work activities and completion of projects.
- Contributes to and supports the existence of a positive work environment through personal involvement by communicating, interacting and behaving in a manner that promotes productive relationships with coworkers, supervisors, customers, and others with whom such relationships are important to the success of company operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field, Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 7-10+ years related experience
- Automotive and/or die casting experience
- Proficient skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of quality related tools including, but not limited to, SPC, AQP, FMEA PPAP, PSO, APQP, and Quality Systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the procedures, policies, processes, systems and technology that impacts the Supply Chain Management area.
- Comprehensive knowledge of capacity management, quality management, and lean manufacturing within an industrial environment.
- Ability to delegate and empower the people you work with to accomplish the goals of projects without having direct authority over them.
- Ability to lead group meetings and problem solving sessions.
- Travel up to 50%