Well-established and growing components manufacturer for the Automotive Industry is seeking a Tooling Manager to manage its Tooling Department just north of Dayton, OH. The Tooling Manager will maintain customer owned tooling to facilitate efficient production, perform maintenance to include but not limited to the listing, storage, retrieval, cleaning and recording of all tooling and will manage and direct the Die Setters across all shifts.
- Supervise and manage all Die Setters across all shifts.
- Responsible for managing and assisting all mold and trim die set ups including version changes, tool removal and installation.
- Coordinate the movement of tools for repairs, changes and storage with CPM and outside contractors to efficiently meet the needs of the production schedule.
- Maintain the Master Tool List.
- Chair the weekly Tooling Meeting including recording and distribution of the meeting minutes.
- Handle all paperwork including red tags that are associated with tooling, new, repairs ECN, in a timely manner.
- Create, update and maintain tooling cleaning/venting WI.
- Manage the transfer tooling process including all associated paperwork.
- Effectively train Die Setters for Department coverage during any absence.
- Manage and direct Die Setters in the upkeep and maintenance (including venting) of tooling per the documented work instructions.
- Assist management in tooling projects, requests and repairs as well as engineering changes.
- Responsible for maintaining tools and supplies needed for the department though existing procurement channels.
- Responsible for monitoring, requesting, acquiring and maintaining the support of production as it relates to all shot end tooling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have knowledge of how to set die with proper sleeve and piston penetration, how hydraulic cores function for set up and production, how ejection systems work and proper location for knockout pins.
- Capable of reading blue-prints and diagnosing and solving problems.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are required including group presentations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and adapt to changing situations.